FLSA Status / FTE: 30 - 40 hours per week, non-exempt, IN PERSON A MUST
Work Location: This position requires residency in the Rogue Valley, Ashland, OR.
Compensation: $28 per hour
Benefits Eligibility: 403b plan with employer contributions, generous leave policy, home office stipend, flexible work hours, employer-paid medical, dental, and vision (dependents covered at 90%)
Projected Start Date: January 2, 2024
Applications due: December 1, 2023
This position will require the successful completion of a criminal background check.
About Play On Shakespeare
Play On Shakespeare is a non-profit company promoting and creating contemporary modern English translations of Shakespeare’s plays. Play On Shakespeare partners with artists and organizations across the globe to deliver and advocate for these translations through theatrical productions, podcasts, publications, and film. For more information, visit playonshakespeare.org.
We are seeking an Executive Assistant to support the leadership of Play On with a primary emphasis on providing support to the President. This position will manage mostly business-related day-to-day tasks of running an office but also, making travel arrangements, scheduling meetings, drafting correspondence, and maintaining the Play On office in Ashland, OR.
The ideal candidate also will have a good sense of humor, be good natured, and be flexible and efficient when solving problems. It is also a plus if the candidate has ample experience as an executive or administrative assistant in the past. It is important that the Executive Assistant be inline with a commitment to uplifting and adhering to Play On Shakespeare’s values of anti-racism, access, and equity and supports a work culture that manifests these values in its operational strategies and practices.
Core Competencies and Traits
- Ability to stay on track when given competing priorities (Theatrical Stage Management experience would be an asset).
- Action-oriented and able to work independently on tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to establish good working relationships with coworkers throughout the company, especially in a remote setting
- Excellent organizational, time management, and writing skills.
- Must have fluency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and other related software. A working knowledge of AirTable is a plus but not required.
- Must be able to drive and have a valid driver’s license and preferably have a car but this isn’t a requirement
- Must be available Mondays - Fridays during business hours / 3-4 hours per day
- Willingness to learn and not be afraid to admit mistakes
- Cultural competency and sensitivity with a known track record of engaging in these practices in previous work environments.
- Discretion in this position is of the utmost importance and taken very seriously.
- Willing to work collaboratively as a team member, to contribute when needed and open to additional responsibilities if they should arise.
- Travel is likely with this position
Play On Shakespeare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law, where applicable.
Play On Shakespeare is made possible through generous support by the Hitz Foundation.
How to Apply
Please submit your application using the following Airtable form:
This form will ask you to complete a questionnaire in lieu of a cover letter, as well as require you to upload the following information:
- Your full name and contact information
- Your resume
All applicants will be notified of their application status and its continuation or completion within our process.
Interview Process Timeline
Interviewees will be compensated for their time spent meeting with Play On Shakespeare. For Zoom interviews interviewees will receive $28 per hour. Candidates should expect a three step process:
- Zoom interview with the Leadership team of Play On Shakespeare between December 4 - 8, 2023.
- In person interview with President and Co-Founder (if travel is needed, compensation for miles will be provided). This will take place between December 11 - 14, 2023
- Decision made by December 15, 2023
Start date is January 2, 2024